The FreeScan X5 is a portable 3D scanner designed by Shining 3D, a manufacturer based in China.
The Shining 3D FreeScan X5 is light and portable with a weight of only 0.8 kg. It replaces the FreeScan X3 and offers a higher performance; being faster and more precise. The Shining 3D FreeScan X5 uses a line laser array (10 line laser array, Class II eye safe) and high speed 3D scan technology. This professional portable 3D scanner is suited for uses cases without external positioning system, tripod or fixture.
Shining 3D FreeScan X5 features
- Light body and easy operation: Light and handy (0.8 kg), narrow space operation accessible. The Shining 3D FreeScan X5 can operate without any external clamping positioning.
- Large measurement space: Almost unlimited 3D scanning size, not affected by size, texture and color of the object.
- High accuracy, high speed: Accuracy up to 0.03 mm, measured under the German VDI/VDE 2634 standard. The 3D scanning speed can reach up to 350000 points/s.
- High compatibility: Compatible with 3D photogrammetric systems, which allows the measuring of very large parts (0.1 – 6 m, extendable).
- Interface with CAD packages: The Shining 3D FreeScan X5 is compatible with the most renowned CAD packages; including 3D System (Geomagic Solutions), InnovMetric Software (PolyWork), Dassault Systemes (CATIA V5 & SolidWorks), PTC (Pro/ENGINEER), Siemens (NX Solid Edge), Autodesk (Inventor Alias, 3ds Max, Maya, Softimage).
Shining 3D FreeScan X5 applications
The Shining 3D FreeScan X5 is capable of performing for a wide variety of different industries, including education, digital jewelry, digital hearing aids, reverse engineering, 3D inspection and 3D printing and rapid prototyping.
Shining 3D FreeScan X5 price and options
Contact us if you want more information about this 3D scanner or wish to receive a free quote for the Shining 3D FreeScan X5.
A more recent version of this 3D scanner is out: the FreeScan X7.