|Material||Thermoplastics > High-performance (PEEK, Ultem...)|
|Build size||450 × 450 × 565 mm17.72 × 17.72 × 22.24 in|
Founded in 2015, AON3D is a Montreal-based AM hardware, software, and material company that aims to make industrial 3D printing accessible to businesses. They equip over 500 companies across more than 25 countries.
AON3D AON M2+ review
Not many FFF 3D printers can print high-performance materials like PEEK, PEKK, and ULTEM™ to an industrial standard, and even fewer come with a modest five-figure price tag.
In the high-temperature printing market, the AON M2+ sits somewhere between low-cost options like the INTAMSYS FUNMAT PRO 410 (the build volume of the M2+ is just over three times bigger and 45°C hotter) and the premium Stratasys Fortus 450mc (which, at around $90,000 minimum more than the M2+, has a higher chamber temperature but a significantly smaller build volume). The M2+ does, as the company says, “democratize access” to a form of 3D printing that was, until very recently, prohibitively expensive.
Overall, the M2+ delivered excellent printing results in the short time I was able to see it in action. Furthermore, Andrew and Leif demonstrated a deep interest in what customers were doing with their machines, and there is evidently a willingness among this team to help users squeeze every last drop of potential out of the M2+.
- Largest build volume in class at an affordable price
- Swappable build surfaces with vacuum chuck for improved flatness
- Can print high-performance materials without rafts
- Advanced training and expert customer support
- Sealed chamber with good thermal efficiency
- Higher chamber temp needed for larger prints in materials like ULTEM 1010
- Uses open-market slicers that are not tailored to industrial users and which lack production features such as machine automation
AON3D AON M2+ overview
A high temperature industrial 3D printer for manufacturing full-scale, strong, high-performance parts. Combined with ungated access to the world’s most advance materials, including PEEK, PEKK, and ULTEM™, the AON M2+ unlocks additive manufacturing applications.
AON M2+ main features
- High-temperature, composite-ready printing – Easily print high-performance polymers and carbon fiber composites with dual 500°C+ extruders, a 135°C actively heated, precision-controlled build volume, and 200°C+ build surface.
- Dual Independent Extruders – Print soluble supports and multi-material parts. Duplication and Mirror modes now available.
- Heated, vacuum enabled build platform – Speed cycle times or change bed adhesion properties with configurable interchangeable build sheets.
- Filament Keep Dry System – Keep hygroscopic materials dry with onboard filament dry boxes.
AON3D AON M2+ price
Please contact us to obtain a quote.
Discover more 3D printers with our 3D printer comparison engine.