|Material||Thermoplastics > Engineering (PC, nylon…)|
|Build size||330 × 240 × 240 mm12.99 × 9.45 × 9.45 in|
Raise3D designs and manufactures top-performing 3D printers and additive manufacturing solutions for SMEs and LSEs. With offices in California, Rotterdam, and Shanghai, Raise3D is an ISO9001:2015- and ISO14001-certified company, positioned to be a leader in developing complete solutions using FFF additive manufacturing technology for polymers, composite, and metal materials.
Raise3D E2CF review
After 8 days, 7 hours, and 20 minutes of 3D printing in under two weeks, with different materials and IDEX modes, we gathered and wrapped up our notes to write this E2CF review. Our verdict?
We churned out some good, strong parts and were able to leave the 3D printer unattended for several days while it did all the work. Even while it printed Raise3D’s high-performance PPA GF at over 300°C.
Some of our prints needed a bit of post-processing, as is usually the case in AM, but we didn’t encounter any printing issues whatsoever. No spaghetti-ing, layer shifting, nozzle jams, overheating– the printer just worked, out of the box.
At the attractive starting price of $4,499, the E2CF is a great option if you or your company are looking for a cost-effective compromise between a desktop printer and a larger, industrial-grade 3D printer. As long as you treat it right (i.e., use perfectly dry filament with the right profiles), you’ll be dealing with a reliable workhorse that can quickly produce batches of strong, carbon-fiber-enforced parts.
- Qualitative, repeatable parts
- Suitable for unsupervised low-volume production
- Tedious slicing and filament-loading workflows
- Profile installation issues
- Restricted to fiber-reinforced filaments only
Raise3D E2CF overview
The E2CF (Carbon Fiber) is a professional carbon fiber filament 3D printer produced by Raise3D. Raise3D is a 3D printer manufacturer based in the United States. The Raise3D E2CF uses extrusion 3D printing technology and is particularly suited to print carbon-fiber-enforced filaments.
E2CF: main features
- Carbon-fiber ready components: high-durability nozzles and high-hardness, heat-treated steel gears for better wear resistance
- IDEX (Independent dual extruders): the two extruders can operate independently of one another along the same axis during printing to perform more advanced functions
- Mirror mode: Prints a model and an inverse of that same model simultaneously
- Duplication mode: Can double production capability within the same timeframe
- Industrial PA12 CF filament: the E2CF pairs perfectly with this proprietary filament and its support material
- Easy Swap print heads: it’s very quick and easy to switch between different print heads
- Safety features: the E2CF boasts power loss recovery, door sensors, and more
Raise3D E2CF price
The Raise3D E2CF is available starting from $4,499.
Discover and compare more 3D printers with our 3D printer comparison engine.